I am newbie in GIS and have started using QGIS. I am hoping to map all districts of Singapore and create a Shapefile and get GeoJSON details for all districts. I am not able to find that currently.
So what I thought of doing after looking on internet is:
- Get a base map layer (something like Google Map OR OpenStreetMap) and load in QGIS using Plugins
- Load another image file on top of it which has districts mapped to it.
- Make that image file layer transparent with borders.
- Create polygons for each districts
- Save that as Shapefile and export as GeoJSON
This is what I thought based on tutorial I followed.
But, this was done for the entire world map. How can I do it for Singapore as I am not able to find TIFF file for Singapore districts.
I only have shapefile for Singapore country.