I'm using QGIS 2.8 to modify a line. I need to add a point on one end of this line, and then move this new point further away, leaving the original end point in the same place.
I can manage to create a new point at the end of the line by:
- entering Settings > Snapping options
- setting "Snap to" "To Vertex"
- setting a "Tolerance" that's > 0
- selecting the layer and clicking "Toggle Editing"
- selecting the "Node Tool"
- double clicking on the end of the line
And here's the problem. When I try to move the point I just created, I move the old line end instead.
Here's what happens, in pictures.
I want the old line end to stay there, untouched (same coordinates as before), while I want the new point I added to be moved. Instead, the opposite is happening.