I have a couple of shapefiles, the first one is a set of points, while the second one is a set of lines. I need to regularize the shapefiles in order to be able to generate a graph (adjacency list / paths) out of them later.
I've seen the tutorial "Using geodatabase topology to fix line errors", which seems to go where I want.
However, in order to create a "topology" with a "Must Not Have Dangles" rule, I need a "geodatabase". I'm very new to GIS systems, and I'm trying to figure out a way to convert my shapefile to a geodatabase. I did the following
- open ArcCatalog
- click Connect Folder to connect the folder with my shapefiles
- right click on connected folder, New, File Geodatabase
- right click on created geodatabase, New, Feature Dataset
- right click on created feature dataset, New, Feature Class
- added the shapefile with lines (I used the Import button while creating the new Feature Class - see first screenshot below).
- right click on the feature dataset (not the feature class), New, Topology
- follow the tutorial
However, after adding the "Must Not Have Dangles" rule, and running Validate, I am told there are no errors. I can see there are errors, there are obvious dangling lines, so why aren't they detected?
When I'm finished creating the topology, I get this warning:
This is the final result: