I am looking for a mobile app/interface for field data collection and mobile editing of GIS data that relies/syncs back to some type of GIS server or database. I am aware of Fulcrum and AmigoCloud, but those are third party. I have yet to roll out a GIS server simply for this reason, I still have to use Collector/Fulcrum/etc to collect the data and have no way to edit the data via mobile. In my initial search for open source GIS server solutions I assumed that this functionality already existed, but I have not yet found a good solution.
Some workarounds I have looked at:
- Google pre-filled Form using gps location from a leaflet map
- Memento database for Android for data collection/synced with google drive
- Various other android gps collection apps
- hosting a uMap installation which allows editing of features
- Appsheet for Google Sheets (comes close but has its limits)
- Mapcentia hosted server (they are supposed to be working on an Android field data collection tool)
Even if the field collection tool could sync to cloud storage that would get me closer.