I am exploring Spatialite in QGIS (2.10.1), and it is very slow to save tabular edits (with 1200 records, several minutes once I click the pencil button, versus less than 1 second with the data as a shapefile!!!). Here's my workflow:
- Add Vector a shapefile into QGIS and then Save As a Spatialite database.
- Add Vector the Spatialite layer from above and Open Attribute Table.
- Toggle Edit the attribute table and add an integer field, calculating it.
- Toggle editing off and save.
- File saving takes 2-3 minutes while the hard drive is on continuously.
When I repeat the above workflow using the same data in shapefile format, the file saving takes less than 1 second.
What can I do to speed up Spatialite?