I know that the ArcGIS API for Android is still in beta (I've joined the beta program), but I was curious if anyone had produced or discovered any examples/tutorials/cookbooks for the API. The Help Resource is still severely limited. I have watched the ArcGIS API for Android Videos, but they do not provide any of the source code (contrary to what is stated in the videos themselves). I have also browsed through the API Reference but I've found the documentation to be lacking.
If it turns out I cannot share this information then I will remove the link; furthermore, the section Access and Use Constraints should address anyone's concerns. Here is the application code for the Water Service application showcased in the video from the above post titled DS2011: Introduction to ArcGIS API for Android.
Some warnings about switching to the Release SDK (if you had been working with the Beta) are:
- Install the latest Android SDK R16 (R13 stopped working for me).
- At least R14 is required to get around the "no crunch" error.
- Install the latest Eclipse 3.7 (3.5 Galileo no longer worked for me).
- At least Eclipse 3.6 is required to support the latest ADT Plugin.
- Developing with the Emulator is no longer supported.
- The SDK now uses OpenGL ES 2.0 which, currently, doesn't work in the emulator.