I've got a feature layer of certain fields (which I converted to raster), and a raster layer of different vegetation types. I now want to compute the area of each vegetation type for each field. For this I used the tabulate areas tool which did not give me any errors, but I lost some ID's. Now I read that this seems to be a general problem with big datasets.
Still I would like to ask if someone has a solution/ workaround for this that will give me the same result in the end. I'm new to python programming and have not been able to find a solution myself.
I furthermore have some entries in my resulting tables that simply do not make sense when looking at the original data. I'm worried now that the values for all entries are wrong and I cannot use them at all.
This is what my code looks like:
inZoneData = "Field_Rast"
zoneField = "Value"
inClassData = "vegtypes.tif"
classField = "Value"
outTable = "C:/data/areatable.dbf"
processingCellSize = arcpy.env.cellSize = "vegtypes.tif"
TabulateArea(inZoneData, zoneField, inClassData, classField, outTable, processingCellSize)
This is a small part of the table I get where you can see that the object ID and the value do not match and in fact I have fewer OIDs than I did original values.
Edit: The datasets are originally not in the same coordinate system, but I transformed them before taking this step