I have two separate polygons A and B in ArcMap. Which tool I have to use in order to find the mean line between them?

  • Welcome to GIS SE! As a new user be sure to take the Tour. I think you should use the edit button beneath your question to include a picture of two such polygons and what you think the mean line between them should be.
    – PolyGeo
    Sep 28 '15 at 5:26

1) convert your polygon vertices to point

2) use the tool "create thiessen polygons"

3) use "update" with the "no boundary" option to update your thiessen polygons with the initial polygons (alternatively, extract polygon attributes with spatial join then dissolve based on polygon ID's)

4) use "feature to line" to create a line

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.