I am using QGIS 2.12.0 to create forest maps. I usually succeed to create maps from shapefiles with different projections but for some reason I cannot succeed to align the layer of one shapefile.
As described in the help file and solutions found over the Internet I:
- Assigned a projection using the right-click button
- Assigned a similar projection to the project
- I turned on “on the fly” retroprojection and reloaded the shapefile that I cannot align
- Replaced the projection of the other layer with the one of the shapefile that I cannot align
- Started my map using the shapefile I cannot align
- Erased the .prj and the .qpj files to force QGIS to use the projection I want
- Created a new copy (using the "save as" option) of the shapefile that I cannot align using the projection I want
I obviously check if QGIS accepts the change in projection. In all cases, QGIS accepts the changes.
What else should I do to succeed?