I would like to find a way to stack multiple selected points in ArcGIS, either using the field calculator or python script. For example, I want to snap all points representing houses on a street into one point. Is there a way to reference one of the existing coordinate sets to use as the values for all selected points?
Using the Field Calculator:
- Select features.
- Select field Shape, parser Python
- Type arcpy.Point(EEEEE.eee, NNNNN.nnn) in the field calculator
where E-numbers to represent X, N - north
So many ways.
- Turn each street into a point at its center point and create an x, y field in the attribute table.
- Attribute join the addresses to the street point based on the street name.
- The points now have the street point x,y. Just add them to arcmap based on x,y.
- Turn the streets to points.
- Use spatial join . Make the > Target the points converted from the street, > the join layer the houses, use one to many join, Make sure you use the CLOSEST matching criteria. you now will have stacked points at the center of the road with the attributes of all the houses that are close to it.