I am a beginner with QGIS.

I have a raster aerial photo and wish to overlay a vector shapefile (I have already created) showing polygons of land use.

Can this be done in QGIS, or do I need to use photoshop?

  • 1
    Welcome to GIS SE, I guess if you want to do this in QGIS you should read some basics... like getting started
    – wittich
    Dec 25 '15 at 12:51

If we assume that your vector layer is in the right projection and digitised correctly, then your raster must be georeferenced. In QGIS you will need to use the Georeferencer-plugin along with a map-service open (like Google Satellite) within QGIS map canvas. Now you go read the rest.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.