I have 12000 circles with a radius of 50 miles on a raster with 0.05 degree resolution. Global analysis. The raster is 32 bit float and I have to calculate zonal statistics for 20 different rasters. Each calculation takes approximately 6 hours in QGIS on my local machine (16GB RAM, 4 cores i7, windows OSGeo4W suite). Looking for best ways to speed up. I do have limited knowledge of spinning up cloud instances with Linux. Options are:
- multiprocessing on local machine
- Linux instances with rasterstats (running into problems while installing on Linux instance using pip)
- Linux instances with QGIS toolbox (having problems calling the processing toolbox. Zonal stats by QGIS is preferred over the SAGA one)
- Linux instances with other tools/libraries??
- Windows server with ArcPy capabilities
What flavour to choose? I'm using Python 2.7 as scripting language