I used to be able to Georeference in QGIS but now I can't. These are the steps I go through. At the end of it nothing happens. No layer is added to my Layers Panel and no document is created in the nominated directory. Can anyone see what I am missing or doing wrong?
- Click on ‘Web’ (in the top menu), then ‘OpenLayersPlugin’
- Zoom into NE coast of Australia and find 5 points on the OpenStreetMap that I can match up on the scanned map.
- Click on ‘Raster’ in the top menu and then ‘Georeferencer’
- Click on the ‘Open Raster’ icon
- Make sure that the CRS of the scanned map is EPSG:3857 (ie. same as OpenStreetMap)
- Click a point on the scanned map, then choose ‘From map canvas’, then click the corresponding point on the base map (OpenStreetMap), and click OK
- Repeat the process described at #6 five times (ie. create 5 registration points)
Click on ‘Transformation Settings’ and use following settings:
Transformation type: ‘Thin Plate Spline’ Resampling method: ‘Nearest Neighbour’ Target SRS: EPSG:3857 WGS 84 Pseudo Mercator ‘Load in QGIS when done’ = ticked