QGIS (2.12.3, running on Windows) increases the feature count of a vector layer when I "save layer edits".
If I do the following steps:
- create a Vector layer (shp file)
- enable "show feature count" for that layer
- add a single line: feature count goes to "1"
- Use "split features" to make it into two features: feature count goes to "2"
- use "merge selected features"to make it one feature again: feature count goes back to "1".
- do a "save layer edits": feature count now jumps to "3".
It's the last jump to "3" I don't understand. I would assume that simply saving my edits shouldn't change the feature count, and I don't understand why "3".
If I move the lines around a bit after the split but before the merge and look at the final result with other tools (e.g. geoserver), it appears that there are indeed interim results in the file.
Is this a bug or is it another issue perhaps, what's going on?