I have the following situation:
- Postgres database with PostGIS
- There is a table with a PostGIS geometry column. All non geometry data is managed (create, update, delete) by a webapplication.
- QGIS can connect to the database.
Now the idea is to have the following workflow:
- Create entries in the table in the webapplication. The geometry column is left empty.
- Use QGIS to add a polygon to the entries created in the webapplication. The polygons should be copied from a shapefile.
When I try to do this, QGIS does not allow me, to copy the polygons to an existing entry, but instead tries to insert a new entry in to the table. This is not feasible, there is some logic involved, how the non-geometry attributes need to be filled, and that logic resides in the webapplication. So I need QGIS to UPDATE an existing entry with the copied polygon.
Is this somehow possible?