I have the opportunity to run ArcGIS and QGIS side by side for a few months and was looking to see what comparisons there are.

So I'm interested to know if there is a similar tool on QGIS?

  • 3
    You have not searched very intensively so far, or have you? For the convex hull see Vector - Geoprocessing tools - Convex hull(s). Or Processing toolbox - Vector geometry tools - Convex hull.
    – user30184
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 10:27
  • 2
    Yes, you are right. It is there. It was very late at night when I went looking. I did also ask Dr Google as well as search here too, before I posted. Apologies for wasting time.
    – Johanna
    Commented Mar 8, 2016 at 21:26
  • 1
    QGIS does not seem to have Minimum Bounding Circle. You can put your data into PostGIS and use postgis.net/docs/ST_MinimumBoundingCircle.html or use OpenJUMP which does have such tool.
    – user30184
    Commented Mar 9, 2016 at 22:21
  • Please, do not forget about "What should I do when someone answers my question?"
    – Taras
    Commented Aug 27, 2021 at 11:19

1 Answer 1


Yes, there is the "Convex hull", located under Vector > Geoprocessing tools > Convex hull.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.