I'm trying to move from Arc to QGIS, and spend a lot of time making maps out of polygon features. One tool that I can't find is an equivalent to ArcGIS' topology tool "Align Edge" - is there such a thing or do people have an alternative solution?

  • 1
    Perhaps the plugin Generalizer or the GRASS tool v.generalize may be the closest equivalent as these contain simplifying and smoothing algorithms. – Joseph Mar 10 '16 at 11:51
  • Please explain what "Align edge" does for those of us who know QGIS but don't have access to ArcGIS. – underdark Mar 10 '16 at 19:54
  • The Align Edge tool means allows users in Arc Map to edit one polygon feature's geometry and then use this topology tool to match the edges back up again (or fill a hole if an adjoining feature has been removed). This works for gaps or overlaps. – Alex B-J Mar 14 '16 at 19:06
  • Unfortunately the generalisation tools wouldn't be able to solve this, but thanks for the suggestion. – Alex B-J Mar 14 '16 at 19:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.