I have had no success when trying to share a layer as a layer package file from ArcGIS Pro 1.2.
The procedure that I use to reproduce this is:
- Start ArcGIS Pro 1.2
- Create a New Project using the Map.aptx template and call it Test. I placed mine in a folder called C:\polygeo (which already exists)
- In the Project pane add a folder connection to C:\polygeo where I have a point shapefile called ne_10m_populated_places.shp that is from Natural Earth
- Drag and drop that shapefile into the Map
- Open the Layer Properties for that new layer and use the Metadata tab to set its Description to Test Description (and then OK to close the Layer Properties)
- Right-click on the layer to choose Share As Layer Package
- On the Share As A Layer Package dialog:
- set Save package to file (as an aside, the option to Upload package to Online account seems to work)
- set Name & Location to C:\polygeo\ne_10m_populated_places.lpkx
- set Summary to Test Summary
- set Tags to test-tag
- click Analyze (there should be no errors or warnings)
- click Package
- Expect to see:
ERROR 001707: Data cannot be opened: Shape File(C:\polygeo\ne_10m_populated_places) ne_10m_populated_places.shp
I have not been able to find any documentation on ArcGIS Pro ERROR 001707.
Does anyone know what may be causing it?
For anyone trying to reproduce this error the ne_10m_populated_places.shp can be downloaded from http://www.naturalearthdata.com/downloads/10m-cultural-vectors/: