I'm working with an ArcSDE geodatabase v 10.0 in SQL Server 2008R2. I added more than a dozen of rasters w/o problem.
Server: WIN 2008R2 12GB RAM SPACE: 1TB Created a mosaic dataset (empty) w/o problem.
My gis client is ArcGIS Desktop 10.3. Previously changed raster storage to ST_RASTER.
Now I reverted this change and put raster storage back to SDEBINARY
I cannot add any rasters to the mosaic dataset; not even a raster dataset inside the sde gdb itself.
I tried this many times, using python, different clients: one with standard, and advanced licenses... no results.
ArcGIS just crashes w/o any information, even when adding only one image.