I have a file geodatabase with three elements in it.
- Lighting layer (assets) consisting of point items.
- Inspection table (containing inspection information for those assets)
- Defects Table (linked to inspection table as parent/child and also need to be linked to the assets pulling in a range of data from the asset attributes)
My question is how to do this properly? I need the relationship classes set up so a defect can't exist without selecting its inspection record, and to create a defect the user must create it from an asset so it can pull in a variety of data automatically from the asset layer to auto populate some of the defect fields.
How would I go about setting up those relationship classes to give me the desired outcomes?
Work flow required would be:
- User creates inspection record (populates data)
- User clicks asset to create defect record, some data auto populates the rest he/she fills in.