I've got a shapefile which contains, at the moment, roughly 1500 polygons. The polygons all display fine using whatever GIS I throw it in (ArcGIS, QGIS).
However, I'm trying to use ogr2ogr to convert it to a table on SQL Server and it gives the following error:
ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed. [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Memory allocation failure ERROR 1: Unable to write feature 8 from layer PARCEL_MP. ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed translation of layer PARCEL_MP (use -skipfailures to skip errors)
Of course, I can use
-skipfailures but when I do, it manages to export roughly 120 of the 1500 records (it differs each time - sometimes it's 115, sometimes 120, a bit more or less).
Obviously what I'm shooting for is 100%. The server is SQL Server 2014.
My code (running this in OSGeo4W) is:
ogr2ogr -overwrite -f MSSQLSpatial "MSSQL:server=MY_SERVER;database=MY_DATABASE;trusted_connection=yes" "PARCEL_MP.shp"
EDIT - also, the first feature that throws an error changes each time. The shapes aren't complicated and are quite small, with a small number of vertices.
Also, just tried using ogr2ogr to convert it to another shapefile which has worked fine. Think it must be in my server. Code I used was:
ogr2ogr -overwrite -f "ESRI Shapefile" "PARCEL_MP_2.shp" "PARCEL_MP.shp" -skipfailures