I was trying to create a polygon with a barren area inside, is there any way I can edit a polygon to create an excepted area?
closed as unclear what you're asking by PolyGeo♦ Aug 26 '16 at 21:04
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Are you trying to make a donut hole in your polygon? If so, ESRI provides this guide. From ESRI:
- Click a polygon feature template in the Create Features window.
- Click a construction tool and method and digitize the outer boundary of the polygon, without finishing the sketch.
- Hold down the SHIFT key and click, or right-click and click Finish Part.
- Click inside the polygon and sketch the inner boundary.
- If you are creating a donut polygon, finish the sketch.
- To create an island, finish the part and create another sketch inside the hole, then finish the sketch.