I'm having an issue running several dissolves in both Arcgis 10.1 and Python 2.7.2, and 10.2.2 and Python 2.7.5 using arcpy.Dissolve_management (I'm working on 2 virtual machines). In both cases the dissolves are taking an extremely long time, sometimes multiple days. They do work eventually, but as I have several to do, I can't afford to wait days in between each run. I have 16GBs of RAM on each machine and I'm using x64 background processing. I thought it was file size at first, as some of my files are quite large, but I'm finding the same issue with files with as few as 100 features. I've tried Repair Geometry first, and I've made sure background geoprocessing is turned off. The files are in a file geodatabase.
closed as unclear what you're asking by PolyGeo♦ Sep 16 '16 at 8:10
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.