I created a SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase for our Fiber Network. Sometimes our strand descriptions get pretty long. I ran into an issue where some of the descriptions were getting cut off at 254 which is what I had set the length of the description field originally. I made sure everyone was out of the database and I changed the field length to a sufficent 1000 characters in SQL Management Studio.
The issue is that it will accept the additional characters UNTIL the user saves the edits, then it will truncate back down to 254 characters. I have been testing and testing and I compressed the database and I cannot figure out what the issue is.