I'm using QGIS 2.82 and 2.14 (different production workflows but same problem).
I have two layers:
- A layer of polygons (layer1)
- A 'buffer' layer (layer2), i.e. a single circular feature centred on a point of interest
What I want is to:
- Render both layers
- Only label layer1 polygon features that intersect the buffer polygon
I'm trying to use the Label -> Expression string builder with:
CASE WHEN intersects(layer1,layer2) THEN layer_1_label_column END
I'm getting a parse error: Column 'layer1' not found
Anyone know if this is because:
- I haven't got the syntax right to point to the geometry in the layer (I've tried dbname.layer1.the_geom and layer1.the_geom with and without quotes);
- It's not possible to use a geometry function across two layers in a label expression.
I don't want to do anything that results in a permanent output (i.e. additional columns added to the layer).