- I have a layer name "road.shp". In 'road type' attribute field I have 'national highway', 'state highway' and 'other roads'.
- Using rule based I defined different symbols and scale visibility for each road type successfully.
- Now I want 'road name' field to visible using label. It is simple.
- Problem is, I want lable have to be display at the same level as the above layers visible.
- In detail suppose National highway is visible at 1:500000 scale at that time only road names label for National highway to be visible. As we zoom to 1:250000; State highway layer is visible and those state highway names labels to be display instead of all labels.
- Is there any way to do this?
You can use Rule based Labeling assuming you have QGIS 2.14.7 LTR, as you can see blow:
Layer properties -> Labels ->Select
Rule-based labelingfrom drop-down menu
- Click on (+) to add Rule for label
- You can control the scale visibility for each label you define, as you can see below
- Use Filter to query your labels
- Check the scale range and define the scale range to show the label at specific scale.
- Do not forget to select the field that you want to show its label.