I'm getting the same problem expressed here
But in Mac OS X Snow Leopard. Things I have checked include:
- PostgreSQL compiled to several architectures. I used the binary from http://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/, and tested the dynlib objects with the tool file
- PROJ and GEOS compiled for i386 and x86_64. I used the frameworks from http://www.kyngchaos.com
- GDAL compiled from sources following KyngChaos instructions. I compiled it instead of using the provided framework because I'm a GDAL developer, and I'm going to work with it.
- Trying to compile PostGIS, because I'm a PostGIS developer too, and I don't want to use the binaries. It has been configured correctly. I used this: https://gist.github.com/2002495
But I'm still getting the error:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
Other things I've tried:
- Compile ONLY for arch i386. Not working. PostgreSQL expects PostGIS compiled for both architectures. I get the error ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64.
- Compile ONLY for arch x86_64. Not working, for the same reason. I get the error ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
I could provide configure and makefile logs, if needed, but the problem is this. It's a problem known in PostGIS lists, but I still haven't found a solution...
Thanks in advance, and best regards