This is my first question here. I have used the forum extensively in the past and it has been an incredibly useful resource, but this time I am stuck with an issue I cannot resolve. Here is a brief description. I have a map showing:
- postal code polygons (in light yellow in the example)
- another layer shows a few much bigger polygons (let's call them urban areas, in grey in the example) which intersect with the postal code polygons
- a layer showing points across the map (red stars in the example)
I then create 3km buffer circles around the points from the third layer. Now, here is what i would like to do:
- when a postal code polygon intersects with a buffer circle AND an urban area polygons, I would like to associate the value 1 with that postal code polygon (if it intersects with two circles AND an urban area than the value would be 1+1=2)
- finally, I would like to create a heatmap with the postal code polygons based on these values
I'm using QGIS 2.16.3. Please let me know if anything is unclear and I will clarify.
See this extract as example where i added some of the values i would like to see returned, thinking that this would be the best way to build the heatmap in the final step, but if i'm going down the wrong path, let me know.