enter image description here

I understand this is an extremely vague question. I will start by telling you what I have:

Every time I try to make a query table it gives me this error - 000152 : Invalid input data. I have added new fields, tried changing the .csv, and now I am out of Ideas.

I got it from the StatCan website and I'm using ArcMap

  • Where did you download the data from, both the CSV and the shapefile? I recently helped my brother do this with QGIS and he's using it in Ottawa for Member of Parliament... Commented Dec 1, 2016 at 16:23
  • 1
    Can you provide a screen shot of both your boundary shapefile attribute and CSV table?
    – whyzar
    Commented Dec 1, 2016 at 18:09
  • 1
    In addition provide a screen shot of the tool box where you input your shapefile and CSV file to run the Make Query table.
    – whyzar
    Commented Dec 1, 2016 at 20:58
  • I had to change the picture because I can't add more than one picture until I have 10 reputation points.
    – Nava
    Commented Dec 1, 2016 at 21:29

1 Answer 1


If I understand your question correctly, you just need to join the csv to the boundary shapefile.

You should use a table join.

Add both datasets to ArcGIS.

Open the attribute table of the dissemination area.

Add a join with the csv based on a common field (dissemination area name maybe?).

If you want the join to be permanent, you'll need to export the joined layer to a new shapefile or feature class OR use the tool 'Join Field' to join specific fields from your CSV to your shapefile.

enter image description here

  • Thank you but I tried it that way already. I got a hold of someone who worked for a municipality and they told me I have to import the data from QGIS. It is a long process but I am slowly getting it. Thank you for your help
    – Nava
    Commented Dec 21, 2016 at 19:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.