I used a modified version of the scripts at: https://bitbucket.org/dirkcgrunwald/fcc-uls to pull the FCC databases down and put them into a PostGIS environment.
I created a view so I didn't have to build a query every time I wanted something. No doubt it'll evolve over time as I'm pretty green to this.
SELECT row_number() OVER () AS oid, fr.unique_system_identifier, en.call_sign, en.entity_name, fr.frequency_assigned, fr.frequency_upper_band, (lo.lat_degrees + lo.lat_minutes / 60)::numeric + lo.lat_seconds / 3600::numeric AS latitude, ((lo.long_degrees + lo.long_minutes / 60)::numeric + lo.long_seconds / 3600::numeric) * (-1)::numeric AS longitude, fr.power_output, fr.power_erp FROM pubacc_fr fr JOIN pubacc_lo lo ON fr.unique_system_identifier = lo.unique_system_identifier JOIN pubacc_en en ON fr.unique_system_identifier = en.unique_system_identifier WHERE fr.class_station_code = 'WDX'::bpchar;
I added the row_number bit in an attempt to have a column with a unique ID so that I could open the table in ArcMap. So far my attempts have been futile. While a
select * from weather_radar; does indeed show the OID column, I don't see it when I browse the view in phpPgAdmin and ArcMap doesn't see it either when I connect to it.
My drive to open the attribute table is to figure out why lat\long are limited to five digits when there's at least a dozen showing in phpPgAdmin when I browse the view. This has the unfortunate side-effect of lumping all points in a given metro into a small area nowhere near the correct point for any of them.