This question already has an answer here:
- I am using qgis 2.8.9 wien version.
- windows 10 home 64-bit operating sysytem.
- vector layer: Kml file,Line string CRS: WGS 84, EPSG:4326, is the base file for which buffer zone is to mark.
- for the need of buffer in meters, I saved the file using "save as" option and saved it as "esri shapefile", where i changed the CRS to NAD 83/Maryland, EPSG:26985. In order to get the buffer zone in meters.
- After that selected VECTOR-GEOPROCESSING TOOLS-BUFFERS.
- In Buffer option in the slot of "BUFFER DISTANCE", I have filled 1 meter. Because i want the buffer zone of 1 meter, which is shown in below figure:
- I got the buffer zone in meters but when i cross checked it, it showing the distance of 0.95m. means there is 0.05m error for 1mtr. which is shown in below figure:
- For 1mtr it is 0.05m error. For 15000m its is showning much more error.
- Since i am doing the project of noise modeling. single meter is also important to me.
My question is why this error is occuring? what is the solution for this?