I've set up a GeoServer that can be accessed via mydomain.com/geoserver. Now I want to use the QGIS plugin GeoServer Explorer to add/edit layers, styles etc.
I log in as admin, the rest.properties are set to the standard configuration (admin can do anything).
At first, I could connect to my GeoServer and see all my workspaces, layers, styles etc. But as soon as I tried uploading a QGIS layer (a shapefile), problems began. Upload of the data seems to have worked, data store, layer and style (although the created SLD is lacking SVG symbols) are created.
But after the upload, whenever I try to connect, I'm getting this error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/.../.qgis2/python/plugins\geoserverexplorer\gui\explorer.py", line 101, in run command(*params) File "C:/Users/.../.qgis2/python/plugins\geoserverexplorer\gui\gsexploreritems.py", line 551, in populate raise e error: [Errno 10061] Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte
(The last line is probably the translation of "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it").
Nonetheless, the workspaces section recognizes the existing workspaces + corresponding layers, but neither layers nor styles etc. are displayed in the tree:
The web GUI of GeoServer is working fine.
I deleted the new styles, as I thought that maybe a broken SLD could cause the problem, but the error still occurs.
I have no idea how to solve this or find out where the problem originates. Is this an issue of GeoServer or the QGIS plugin?
Edit: I tried a little more - after deleting all layers, I could connect again to GeoServer. Then I added my shapefiles over the GeoServer web GUI and it happened again!
The error seems to occur during publishing. If I add only a data store which I do not publish, everything's fine. But as soon as I publish it, I can't connect through GeoServer Explorer, although the layer preview is working...
Another piece of information: The error seems to occur after adding a style to my new layer. I took the standard polygon style and just changed the color code, so it can't be due to some special format.
Screenshots of my catalog definition settings (pretty standard):
Update: This plugin is driving me crazy. I added, edited & grouped some layers on the web GUI which seems to have worked: I can add the group layer as WMS on my website (with OpenLayers) and it's displayed correctly.
But now the connection via the QGIS plugin fails completely with this new error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:/Users/../.qgis2/python/plugins\geoserverexplorer\gui\explorer.py", line 101, in run command(*params) File "C:/Users/../.qgis2/python/plugins\geoserverexplorer\gui\gsexploreritems.py", line 551, in populate raise e UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xfc in position 101: ordinal not in range(128)