I have a Python script (Python add-in) that creates new entries (with InsertCursor) in an event table that was used for linear referencing (through Display Route Events). The table is stored in a file GDB.
My first problem is linked to this question:
the table is not reflecting the edition, except if I close the table tab and relaunch it, or if I sort an attribute of the table. I have tried all solutions exposed in this question. But that’s OK, I can deal with a manual refresh.
My main problem is that the entries I have created are “dead datas”: they are not represented in the map. My only solution is either to close the mxd and relaunch it, or edit them again, and then the segment created is shown.
I have tried to edit the layer (not the table), to update the entries directly after their creation (in the same script), to recreate a new event layer (display route events) and to change to "da" cursors, but the problem remained.