My System (Ubuntu) previously had GDAL 1.11.2. We have an issue with using
ogr2ogr converting KML to SHP in that the attributes were missing. In researching this, it seems that the LIBKML driver should fix this. I have tried researching various questions and tutorials on getting the LIBKML driver to work but I never seemed to get it working.
I have seen in other places that the LIBKML driver comes with GDAL in version 1.9.2 onwards. I got GDAL 2.1.3 on my system now, (verified with
gdal-config --version), however when I run
ogrinfo --formats, it is still only showing back KML and not both KML and LIBKML.
Is the LIBKML driver supposed to come with GDAL 2.1.3 out of the box?
As per request, here is the output from
apt-cache policy gdal-bin
gdal-bin: Installed: 2.1.0+dfsg-1~trusty2 Candidate: 2.1.0+dfsg-1~trusty2 Version table: *** 2.1.0+dfsg-1~trusty2 0 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status 1.10.1+dfsg-5ubuntu1 0 500 http://mirror.rackspace.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
Update with Solution
gdal in a weird way, as pointed out by @AndreJ
Everytime I would uninstall everything, then reinstall the package, it still kept coming up with version 2.1.3 which isn't available through the PPA, which apparently doesn't have LIBKML.
What I had to do was manually
locate gdal and
locate kml and
rm any and all files and instances found. After everything was gone, I could install gdal again and version 2.1.0 was installed with the LIBKML driver.