I have a CSV file with mainly UK data - postcodes that I have then referenced to there Latitude and Longitude. I have 5 rows that are outside the United Kingdom, so I have looked up the Latitude and longitude of these points and also added these to the dataset.
I am trying to plot these points on a world map - the aim is to eventually create a webmap using qgis2web. I have got a shapefile I have downloaded from Eurostat: 1:10 Million World Point / Line / Polygon Shapefile 2014 ETRS89 When I add my delimited text layer in QGIS using the latitude and longitude values the points are way off where they should be even when choosing ETRS89 as the coordinate system.
The majority of the points should be sitting above London in the UK, but are actually off the coast of Africa!
I have tried using different coordinate systems and basemaps, but I cannot get any of them to line up. I know it is probably something really simple, but it is baffling me currently.