I am attempting to use the point sampling plugin in QGIS to extract values from phenology layers for the Western US provided by USGS. The data comes a .hdr file with a prj file specifying a Lambert Azimuthal Equal-area projection.
PROJCS["Lambert Azimuthal Equal area", GEOGCS["GCS_Sphere_ARC_INFO",DATUM["D_Sphere_ARC_INFO",SPHEROID["Sphere_ARC_INFO",6370997.0,0.0]], PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0],UNIT["Degree",0.0174532925199433]], PROJECTION["Lambert_Azimuthal_Equal_Area"], PARAMETER["False_Easting",0.0], PARAMETER["False_Northing",0.0], PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",-100.0], PARAMETER["Latitude_Of_Origin",45.0], UNIT["Meter",1.0]]
Points for my sites were generated from a csv with lat long coords in decimal degree. I have tried placing the points into the same crs as the raster, I have tried modifying the false northing of the raster to align the points and the raster, I have tried reprojecting both to a third projection and modifying the false northing of the raster to make them align.
When I use a categorical raster with the same crs args as the point file, the extractions work as expected.
The result with the phenology raster extraction is empty cells in datatable.
(ignore the fact that the phenology data is likely highly correlated with the landcover data - boss wants it)