I have tried to download and install the Polygonizer-master plugin but this plugin is "Deprecated". I would like to know if there is another plugin with the same functionality.

1 Answer 1


The Polygonizer plugin has become a core algorithm for QGIS and is called Polygonize as mentioned by the author. You can find this in:

Processing Toolbox > QGIS geoalgorithms > Vector geometry tools > Polygonize
  • 1
    @AngiolaFanelli - Most welcome, hope it helped :)
    – Joseph
    Apr 5, 2017 at 11:43
  • 2
    Unfortunately, the Polygonize algorithm name gets translated when you use a non-English locale. For example, in French it is called Mise en polygone. Just in case you try the Processing search bar and don't find it...
    – AndreJ
    Apr 5, 2017 at 15:30
  • 2
    @AngiolaFanelli, the best way to say 'thanks' is accepting the answer if it solved your problem. This will help other users to know that the solution by Joseph was the best solution.
    – mgri
    Apr 5, 2017 at 16:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.