A week ago I had an exam and there was a question:
What are the main steps of zoning in a GIS?
I didn't understand the question and asked the instructor what does she mean by zoning (in Persian
پهنهبندی) and she gave me this explanation:
-- For example you have an image or a vector of a region and want to determine which parts are used for agriculture, which parts are sterile, etc.
-- I'm afraid do you mean the same as classification?
-- I can't give you more instructions
I didn't understand and I gave the following answer (main steps of classification)
- Extracting features (more than one) for each pixel or each information unit
- Optimizing the features to choose the best ones that can provide better separability between classes
- Optimizing the classifier parameters (eg. in SVM we need to optimize
Gammabased on the data that's going to be classified
- Training the classifier if we're taking a classification approach (this step is not needed for clustering)
- Classifying pixels based on optimized features through optimized classifier
But seems that this answer is wrong. Then:
- What's the difference between
- What are the main steps of
zoningin a GIS?