I've been trying to run r.sim.water on a 3 meter LiDAR-generated DEM I have, but keep getting G_malloc errors:
r.sim.water --verbose elevin=meterDEM.final@Sediment_Simulation dxin=centDEM.dx@Sediment_Simulation dyin=centDEM.dy@Sediment_Simulation depth=sim.water.depth disch=sim.water.discharge err=sim.water.error nwalk=1000
My error message:
ERROR: G_malloc: unable to allocate 43608 bytes at main.c:488
I'm running GRASS 6.4.2 on Windows. I've tried using a Ubuntu install on VirtualBox, and it fails out without any error at all. I tried ratcheting down the number of walkers (hence nwalk=1000), but that doesn't seem to help. I can't really think of what to try next.