I'm an open source advocate and been asked to present to a top management in government regarding the availability of open source 3D tools and software that leads to SmartCity/SmartNation initiatives.
It is very difficult to keep track of what's happening around the world in 3D GIS space. Hope you can enlighten. Looking for open source initiatives, as a priority.
I have broken down into categories, if you have anything new other this list, that's what I'm interested.
3D GIS is tightly related to Point Clouds so let's start from there
- LASTools - LiDAR processing
- PgPointCloud - PostgreSQL extension for storing Point Clouds
- PDAL - Point Cloud Data Abstraction Library like GDAL
- 3D City Database The CityGML 3D City DB
- Cesium 3D Tiles 3D tiles spec for CesiumJS
Non-GIS, but of interest
- Glob3 open source 3D GIS multiplatform framework written in java
I know GRASS GIS has 3D capabilities.
Can you let me know what else is out there?