I am perplexed by a new occurrence in QGIS, I seem unable to merge selected features e.g. Polygon. Toggling Editing on a polygon layer, and selecting two polygon features I would like to merge into one, the merge polygon feature is always greyed out using the digitizing tools toolbar. Now I have tried the following:
- Saving the polygon in a different CRS (Save as)
- Creating a simple polygon feature to compare the results (same results cannot merge any polygon features as the function is greyed out)
- Restarting in a new project.
- Updating QGIS to the latest version 2.18.7
- Testing it on multiple polygon datasets.
- Checking geometry.
Still the merge selected features is always greyed out no matter what I do.
Am I doing something wrong? I have used this feature in the past but now it is not working at all. I am not a GIS expert; just using it for creating simple maps.