Could anyone tell me how they pair their mobile phone gps to a (windows 10) tablet that can be picked up by qgis live tracking? I have tried a few apps which i believe is broadcasting the gps to my tablet (checking against google maps) but qgis is not picking up the gps information.
I successfully used extGPS apps to perform this tricks. the steps are:
- download extGPS from internet as it's not available from store... : http://downloadapk.net/ExtGPS.html
- Copy the .APK file on your mobile phone
- Install it by simply click on it from your phone
- connect your tablet to your phone by bluetooth
- launch the extGPS app on your phone, it will be ready when a localisation will be find, it will also display no client until you connect it to QGIS (or another software)
- find the COM port use by Symartic ExtGPS in the tablet settings
- Run QGIS
- connect the GPS to the good COM port
- the cursor will be set to your current position in the QGIS canvas.