Has anybody managed to successfully connect to open a MS Access
*.accdb database from QGIS using ODBC?
All the Q&A, tutorials, guides and videos I've found work with
*.mdb files and ESRI geodatabases. I tried
*.accdb but QGIS gets frozen.
Windows 7 64bit
MS Access 2016 32bit
- ODBC drivers used: MS Access Database Engine 2016 32 bit (*.mdb, *.accdb)
- Using ODBC 32bit config in Windows (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe)
- Using QGIS 2.14.16 32bit
In QGIS, I use:
- Add vector layer > Database > Type ODBC > New
- Type ODBC > Name (name1) > Database Name (nameA)
- Test Connect: "connection to x was successful"
- Press OK --> QGIS gets frozen
I can read the same ODBC database from other applications (SQLite, MapInfo), so there is no problem with the ODBC side of it. It looks like something's not right on the QGIS side.
Does anybody know if this connection should work / why is it not working?