I am uding osm extract file of points of interest for india having 82,000 points all credits to osm mapping communtiy. if your pc specs are low skip to image or split up your shapefile into parts.
Please follow this step only if you have autocad map
If you do not have Autocad map please jump to
Image 7 to directly export your shapefile to cad format
- Click on map setup menu.
- Click on Assign button to open the cordinate system list.
1. Type crs for gcs 1984 or else type the coordinate system your shapefile is in.
2. Check the coordinate system of your shapefile refer to the images given below.
1. Right click here to open layer menu.
2. Click on properties to see layer properties.
In my case it is Wgs 1984 which is 4236 one can always get this code by a simple google search for any coordiante system.
1. Click on Connect button in feature data to open the dialog box to add spatial data.
2. Click on the Shp button to add a shapefile to the list of sources.
3. Select Add SHP Connection.
1. Browse to the shapfile in the dialog box.
2. Click on open.
3. Click on connect button.
4. Click on Add to map button that will appear after clicking on connect button.
1. If you dont have Autocad Map then you can simply export it to a dwg file.
2. Then go ahead and open the dwg file.
1. After opening the exported cad file or importing shapefile to cad
2 .Please select all the points
1. After selecting all the points.
2. Type DDPTYPE in the command menu.
3. Select circle option or any other marker you want to use.
4. Enter value in points you want your cicle to be
5. select absolute value to fix the size of circle.
6. and click on ok to apply it.
all the points are now convereted to circles you may need to adjust your point size value to prevent overlaps.
Copy these points By selecting and pressing CTRL + C
Paste into illustrator using Ctrl + V
1. Right click on points
2. Click on ungroup option
Tada your file is ready
things to take care of
1. Circle may not appear circle at higher zoom levels
2. For that adjust your rendering settings in preferences.