I am very new to GIS app creation and am basically learning from scratch. I am not building the app but researching what would be the best components. These are the essential requirements:
- 5km (area of interest) ability to zoom out and see whole earth
- Refresh and dynamically update overlays
- Interactive click to get more info
- Display lat/lon on cursor
- Switch between road/aerial/topo basemaps
- Ability to host all mapping data on an isolated server that isn’t on the internet. The clients are on the same isolated network.
- Service that provides standard aerial photographs.
- Ability to add our own custom aerial photographs to the server as a new layer
- No subscription fees
OpenLayers as the front end.
GeoWebCache as the tile cacher.
GeoServer as the tile server.
Am I missing anything or is there a better option available? From what I've read all these components can work together and there are methods to get OpenStreetMaps working with GeoServer. I know there will be a lot more to it but I am just trying to get the basics down so I can dive deeper into how they work.