I need help converting a download from Geofabrik to Illustrator. It had worked for me earlier, but I can't remember what I did, and now it doesn't.
I downloaded a country from Geofabrik (because city wasn't available) and now I want to extract three different cities (roads only) for an art project
its an 11GB .osm file
- I Go to: Vector (menu) → OpenStreetMap → Import Topology from XML.
- Then I get a .osm.db file
- Then I do Vector (menu) → OpenStreetMap → Export Topology to SpatiaLite.... (and select the .osm.db file)
- I select poly lines and my highway/road/lane tags
- But at this state QGIS goes into a freeze (I have 12GB RAM). What now?
Will try those options. Meanwhile, the export seems to have happened, but the Map Canvas is blank. Anything I should know here?
My newly exported file is a new layer, has 1943641 feature counts etc, but MapCanvas is blank. How do I see the map, zoom to my area, and create a New Print Composer?