Let's say that:
- I have centralized, single GeoServer for all application
- There's bunch of apps (that require login) that need WMS layers
- Web server of apps act as reverse proxy for GeoServer. Hence client that opens app-1, gets WMS layers by sending "http://app-1/geoserver/...".
- There's no direct access available from Client to Geoserver
Client can potentially get the WMS layer from Geoserver via the reverse proxy of these apps. Client can just request "http://app-1/geoserver/...". I need to make sure that:
- Client that is authenticated in app-1 gets the layer from "http://app-1/geoserver/..." (either via the web browser accessing app-1, or directly from browser url)
- Client that is NOT authenticated in app-1 gets ignored when requesting the layer from "http://app-1/geoserver/..."
How to do this?
Few notes: there's a load balancer in the cluster in the illustration.