The size of the output pdf map increases enormously when the symbol of a polygon isn't set to "simple fill" + "solid". A4 output results:
- simple fill solid = 7 Ko
- simple fill BDiagonal = 1'766 Ko
- line pattern = 598 Ko
Does someone experiences the same problem and find a solution?
It seems that it isn't a vector/raster output pdf issue.
QGIS 2.14 and 2.18 produce the same output map size.
Steps to reproduce the issue
- open qgis;
- create New polygon Shapefile Layer;
- select a 10'000 scale;
- draw a simple polygon;
- Project > New Print Composer > Page size A4 > Add new map;
- Export as PDF (vector and then raster) with a simple fill solid symbology;
- Export as PDF (vector and then raster) with a simple fill BDiagonal symbology;
- Export as PDF (vector and then raster) with a Line pattern fill.