I am working in ArcGIS. I am also the learner of R. I need a solution for correcting the Extent of sub basin sahpefile with a complete basin. I have a correct complete file of basin Called LCC. its extent are Top: 3582990.96241773 Bottom: 3382896.9805397 Left: 219786.440776942 Right: 400720.171941948Study area file

the extent of the sub basin file that made by spatial Join of 7 basin is Top: 7.513928 dd Bottom: 5.895039 dd Left: 98.152079 dd Right: 99.620746 dd

I want to correct the sub basin file.

One more thing is important that few weeks ago in ArcGIS I did correction but I merges the internal boundaries of the basins. I need a solution that I can separate all the sub basins command areas correctly, for the further analysis at each sub basin in my research.

  • What stops you of repeating few weeks old correction?
    – FelixIP
    Nov 11, 2017 at 8:57
  • When I performed the set data source from the properties It merges the internal boundaries because the correct file has just external boundary of the whole command area. LCC external Boundary. But i need a file that has extent of LCC correct file along with all sub basin boundaries that I can split them again and perform the spatial analysis of water resources management components. Nov 11, 2017 at 9:12

1 Answer 1


I just found the solution in ArcGIS, So I want to share with it for the new learner like me. But Still I am looking for the solution R. Just go to the Spatial adjustment, then start editor, again in Spatial adjustment tool and go to Set Adjust data, select All file, then go to Adjust Methods, Transform Projective, then Select New displacement link Tool, Select the respective 3 or 4 points from the file you want correct the extent to the correct extent file then go to spatial adjustment tool and click Adjust

File be corrected. Stop editing and enjoy the work

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.