Although QGIS has the ability to generate centroids for polygons, I am not sure how to generate centroids based on land-use development using raster data.
Here's an example of what I'm trying to do:
- I have a vector polygon layer, where each polygon represents a distinct zone for analysis.
- I have a color ortho raster layer that has the same geometric boundaries of my polygon layer.
- I am trying to develop a weighted centroid point layer based on the development density in the raster, yet still related somehow to the polygon it's originally in.
- Currently, I do this visually. It is time consuming to do 200+ zones and not as precise if a mathematical model was performing the analysis.
- I'm not sure if there is a plugin or a method for measuring the amount of roof space in a raster and using that and their density as a basis to develop centroids for the area
How Can I generate centroids for vector polygons based on development density from a raster layer